Activate Microsoft Office – Once you have installed Microsoft Office already by buying it from the Microsoft Office online store or any physical retail shop nearby you, it is very easy to activate Microsoft Office.
If you are buying the setup files of Office from Microsoft Office, you just need to install it and accept the Terms and Conditions. However, If you have it in a DVD or CD you would need to enter the product key, install and then your Office gets activated and ready for use.
If Microsoft Office Is Not Pre-installed – Office.com/Setup
- Visit www.office.com/setup and sign in with Office account (Microsoft account, work or school account) you are associated with to download Office.
- Select Install Office from Office Homepage. The 64-bit version will be installed by default. However, if it detects you have previously installed the 32-bit version, this version would be installed instead.
- Once Office is downloaded, select Run (in Edge or Internet Explorer), setup (in Chrome), or Save File (in Firefox).
- Select Yes to “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?” User Account Control prompt.
- Installation begins and it finishes in some time. You may see the phrase “You’re all set!
Officeis installed now”. Also, an application will be played to show where to find Office applications on your computer.
- Select close.
- Your Office gets activated right away by opening an app such as Word or Excel. However, in most cases, Office is activated once you click Accept to agree to license terms.
If You Purchase Office 365/2016 From A Physical Retail Shop
When you purchase Office from any retail shop instead of buying it online from Microsoft Office, you are provided with a box or card with a product key on it to install and activate Office in your system. Follow steps mentioned below to install and Activate Microsoft Office-
- Sign in into your Microsoft account by visiting Office.com/Setup.
- Go to Setup and install Office and enter the given product key. Click Get Started.
- Select the Country/Region and Language, and click Continue.
- Select Install on My Account page.
- Run the software to activate it.
If Microsoft Office Is Pre-installed In Your Computer
- Sign in to your Microsoft account or work or school account to activate Microsoft Office that you use to buy or subscribe to Office.
The above steps have been elaborated on the conditions that if you are purchasing the Office online or from a retail store, and if you have it installed or not in your computer. We hope it helped and you found the solution to your problem. For any further query please visit Office.com/Setup or contact us for Microsoft Office Support. #office com setup